Posted by Kitty Sharkey , Saturday, November 9, 2013 9:10 PM
Starting with the large jars on the right:
- 1/2 gallon regular Sauerkraut (cabbage and carrots)
- 1/2 gallon Garlicky Kraut
- 1 quart + 1/2 pint Combo Kraut (extra from above + green onion and red Fresno pepper
- 1 quart Kimchi with Serrano peppers
- 1 quart Kimchi with Fresno peppers
- 1 quart Kimchi with Habanero, Serrano, and Fresno peppers
Note: I will NOT be eating the last version of Kimchi. And I may not even be able to eat the other two. I can't do hot peppers. But my neighbor Gail and my friend Kristin love hot things, so I made these for them.
"Wait a minute!" you say. "Last days on your feet?"
Yuppers. Monday I go under the knife for foot surgery (FINALLY!!!). It'll be at least 6 weeks of non-weight bearing before I start physical therapy and gradually begin walking on it again with a cam boot. So what's a girl to do? Splurge a little bit on myself in order to make the whole recovery time a little less of a pain in the ass.
"What did you buy?" you ask?
A spiffy heavy duty all terrain knee scooter!