Posted by Kitty Sharkey , Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:00 PM
Sorry for the length of the attached videos, but I was just so damn excited to show this off now that the first stall is complete. Here are a few details
Approximately 47 square feet of romping room in each rabbitry stall:
- Lower level = 21 sq ft
- Middle level = 12+ sq ft
- Hideout roof = 3 sq ft
- Upper level = 11+ sq ft
Cage on upper level can be closed easily when isolation is necessary, such as when Melissa kindles.
Entire interior can be removed quickly and easily when a total muck out is necessary:
- Built using standard fence boards
- One screw connects the cage to the first board on the upper level. Wires suspend the balance of the cage from the roof (same as before).
- Two screws connect the stairway to the bracket on the wall.
- All level "floor" boards are not screwed in, but rather sitting on the horizontal supports so they can just be lifted out.
- Hideout can easily be lifted out.
- If a board becomes damaged, it only costs $2.05 to replace it.
Although it's taken me about 10 times longer than it should have to build the dang thing (I'm working with a cam boot on my right foot), I have to admit that I'm pretty pleased with myself right about now. I love it when things come together in the end.